Thursday, July 24, 2008

Roads Yet Travled

As I write this, we are half way through our spring and summer riding season. In the upcoming weeks, I will list MAPS rides for all to enjoy.

This weekend we are heading to Wrights Chicken Farm for another great meal. This is one of our favorite rides. You can get departure information on our site calender.

www.newlondonmotorcycleclub.com

Jamie Lathrup has been in touch. It's hotter than hell in Afghanistan, but his spirits are up. He's looking for motorcycle stickers for his hard hat. Check club e-mail for more information on it. Don't be afraid to send him an e-mail. He needs to know we're all pulling for him.

As I mentioned in an earlier blog, I traded my Harley Electra Glide Classic, 100 th anniversary edition. I did this with a heavy heart, but I realized I needed a bike that was easier for me to handle, with a low center of gravity. I checked with several area dealers and got a good deal from Columbia Motorsports. I'm now the proud owner of a beautiful 2006 90 cubic inch Suzuki Boulevard. It's nothing like the Harley. It's low speed turns are wider, as it has a longer wheelbase. But, riding down the highway, it gives a better ride and holds the road well. Sherry and I are looking forward to rolling miles on it.

I hope all is well with all of you. Get out and enjoy the good weather. Ride!

Be Safe. Ride Free.

Ron

No comments: