Sunday, April 6, 2008

Spring Ritual: The First Ride - Ride Event Notice

Birds chirping in the trees, a warm sun, and a polished bike always makes me smile. But, never more so than on the first "real ride" of the season!

I can't stay off my bike for any length of time. I experience severe P.M.S. (parked motorcycle syndrome) if I go more than a month without wind in my face. My mind atrophies, my spirits sink and my people skills go south. My co-workers notice a difference (I growl rather than greet) and at home I snarl more than I smile. My lady puts up with me, my dogs tolerate me, but my cats totally give up on me. So, to keep harmony with the universe, I never really winterize my bike. I keep fresh gas in it, keep the battery charged and sneak out for a cold 30 mile ride whenever the roads are free from ice and snow. However, this isn't "real riding" in by way of thinking. These little outings are just bandages for the spirit and hold me together until the real riding season begins.

For me, it began on Saturday, April 5, 2008. Riding without chaps, without a closed full faced helmet and with my summer riding gloves, made all the difference. Riding country roads in Southeastern Connecticut with my lady and a club brother brought me back to life! Though we had to watch out for sand washes, we still managed good lean angles on the many turns and occasionally wicked it up enough to clear the cobwebs out of the carbs and injectors.

Yup, it's here folks! It's time to roll out the bikes, give them a good cleaning, check tire pressures, change the oil and make sure the battery has a good charge. Get them out on the open road and enjoy the ride!

Notice: Upcoming Ride Event
The 13th Annual Bile Blessing at Ocean Beach Park in
New London, CT. will be held on April 13th featuring:
Entertainment provided by Jim Reed @ Q103
Classic and Custom Car Show
Bike Show
Food will be available
Vendors
Admission: $5.00 (to cover insurance costs)
Bike Show Entry Fee $20.00 - Peoples Choice Voting - Cash Awards
Vendor spaces still available - $50.00 per site

1 comment:

propanemike said...

great job
you hit the nail on the head with the p.m.s.
can't wait to get my knees in the breeze full time !!!