Monday, April 14, 2008

What a great time at Ocean Beach Park!




Gathering together at Ocean Beach Park was a great way to begin the 2008 riding season. Over six hundred bikers gathered for the blessing and bike/car show.



Vender's who offered motorcycle related merchandise left happy they joined us.

Riders and co-riders really appreciated the services of The Slipper Lady, who sold and sewed patches at really reasonable prices. Eileen will sew club patches on leather. She works motorcycle events and works at home too. Beside patches, she sews leather and vinyl motorcycle seat covers to your specifications. Available by appointment, she can be reached at 860 267 1971.



New England Cycle Works, known for selling Kawasaki and Honda motorcycles, brought along a pristine Harley Davidson Springer Softail to let riders know, they now stock and sell good, used Harley Davidson Motorcycles. Rumor has it, they have a good Harley mechanic on the payroll too! I've been in many bike shops over the years and I have to admit, I've always been made to "feel at home" every time I stopped in. Consider making this dealership a destination stop on a Saturday ride. They are located at 661 Gold Star Highway in Groton, CT.
Four Brothers Motorsport of 1057 Voluntown Road in Griswold, CT set up a beautiful display of rims and accessories that caught the eye of a lot of riders. What they had was real eye candy.
There were many more vendors who came and supported our event. I was working our hospitality table and didn't get a chance to meet all of them, but I sincerely thank everyone who set up a table for making our event a memorable one for all who came.
I thank every vendor who chose to spend the day with us. We really appreciate your support.
Nothing of this magnitude could ever be successful without the dedication and work of many members of the New London Motorcycle Club. I didn't get a head count, but I'm sure well over thirty brothers and sisters volunteered their time and expertise to pull this blessing off.
I also want to thank our priest who shows up year in and year out, rain or shine, to bless bikes. He always has a smile on his face and will go anywhere to bring the spirit of Christianity to everyone he encounters. Last year, when we were rained out by a Northeaster, he joined us for a meal. He walked in, soaking wet, with a smile on his face and enjoyed great food with us. Kidding around, I belted out, "Five bucks, get it up. The priest came his to bless your bikes". A bunch of guys jumped up and pulled out their wallets. I laughed and said, "Just kidding", but the good father went out in the down pour and blessed the bikes anyway (I hope I don't get the Hot Place for that one!). If more clergy were like him, our churches would be full on Sundays (early morning, before the ride Mass).
Well, that's all I have to say about that.
Keep Safe,
Ron




No comments: